Job Title: Senior Risk Officer
We are currently looking for a professional individual to support the Risk team within the Bank.
The Senior Risk Officer will be assisting the Head of Risk to manage the overall risk of the Bank. The Senior Officer will assist in the assessment of risk and support the department in the administration of risk related tasks.
- Assisting in the drafting of policies and procedures and other internal documents particularly related to credit, operational and market risk and implementation thereof.
- Conduct and assist in risk assessments to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities within the bank's operations, products, and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate risks, assess their potential impact, and prioritize them based on severity and likelihood, assist in the implementation of new controls and monitoring.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of risk management strategies together with the Head of Risk, making necessary adjustments as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies to maintain a strong control environment.
- Stay informed about regulatory changes and developments, providing guidance to the Bank and its employees on compliance matters.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders during compliance reviews and audits.
- Communicate risk-related information and recommendations to various stakeholders, fostering a culture of risk awareness and accountability.
- Provide guidance and support to business units on risk-related matters, promoting a proactive risk management approach throughout the organization.
- With the Head of Risk develop and deliver risk management training programs to enhance employees' knowledge and skills in identifying and managing risks.
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles, methodologies, and regulatory requirements.
- Possess a High-Level work ethics, professional integrity.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision with a good eye for detail and analytical skills, good in prioritizing, organizational and time management abilities in order to meet deadlines and able to work independently.
- Be a good team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify, assess, and mitigate risks effectively.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field. Relevant professional certifications are considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate must possess at least 3 years of experience working in similar position, Banking.
- Knowledge of Regulatory framework governing a credit institution would be considered an asset.
Employees at Lidion Bank benefit from a dynamic benefits package as well as forming part of an energetic, enthusiastic team within a well-structured growing organization.